life (68) wisdom (37) quotes/poems (32) family (26) events (20) iiu (19) Ramadhan (17) books (17) marriage (17) memories (14) stories (14) dreams (10) sightseeing (6) children (5) photoshop (5) skills (5) works (5) That Turning Point That Journey (2) Utau (2) cooking (2) ayat cinta <3 (1) vacation (1)

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

Snow Flower and the Secret FanSnow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

laotong-nu shu-footbinding and the culture & customs of china long long time ago.

I seems to travel into that world, looking from afar how they lives a life during that time. Me? I dont wish to live in that era, nor do i wish to become a son. How lowly women were treated during these days. But i love the sound and the meaning of laotong. resonate through my heart, thinking of people that i hold dearly. That i am proud to call as my laotong.

A combination of history and a complexity of human being.

I heart this book and I ship this book.



View all my reviews

No comments: